Pages

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Food Nanny & plantoeat

One day between General Conference sessions we were watching more TV & The Food Nanny came on to BYU-TV. This cute, spunky lady comes into peoples’ homes & helps them figure out how to make dinner part of their family’s routine. She gives great recipes, teaches cooking techniques, & empowers people to be successful at having family dinner.

I was SUPER excited when I tried to get to her original web-site & instead found this http://www.byutv.org/foodnanny/plan/ . You can drag & drop themes & recipes into different days of the week, print out the recipes & the shopping list, and then enjoy the yummy feasts. The recipes look tasty (even if my trainer might not approve of every one).

Since my eating has changed, I haven’t quite filled out the menu plan with regular foods. Every day is a new adventure & there’s not much habit or consistency. For a long time, I have tried to decide what’s for dinner by 10:30 a.m. And for as disorganized as I am in many areas of my life, I usually accomplish this little decision. (What else would I think of while working out besides food?!)

PlanToEat is a web-site that you pay for the opportunity to add recipes, make meal plans & shopping lists. I was excited about the concept, even though I have seen a software program by DVO that would do the same idea. Enter recipes & ingredients, get calories & nutrients, & a grocery list. The web-site allows you to upload recipes from Cooking Light & other online recipe databases.

Tired, boring, good night!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment