Pages

Friday, July 9, 2010

Mexican Pizzas (lunch idea)

1/2 pound ground turkey breast

3 tablespoons taco seasoning

1 can stewed tomatoes

1 cup chopped onion

4 six-inch tortillas

Mexican cheese

Olives (optional, my kids hate them!)

January 14, 2008 - Oh yea, one more tidbit of fun: We made Mexican pizzas for lunch. Take 1/2 pound of ground turkey breast & 3 T taco seasoning & saute until cooked. Add a can of stewed tomatoes & 1 cup chopped onion & cook until the liquid is gone. Meanwhile, put a stoneware bar pan in the oven at 450 to preheat with four 6-inch tortillas evenly spaced. (I used fresh tortillas from Bloom.) Place 1/2 cup of the turkey mixture on each tortilla, sprinkle with Mexican cheese & olives (very optional at our house), & brown for ? 15 minutes. The tortillas baked up hard like chips & the turkey mixture tasted perfect. I added a spinach salad & an orange to the side & had a happy tummy for hours.

Note: Since I figured out that I am allergic sensitive to corn products, I bet the taco seasoning would not be the best thing in the world. I found a recipe here that would be a good substitute. (… Yes, I do have all of these spices in my overstuffed cupboard.)

No comments:

Post a Comment